MANUAL WELL CONSTRUCTION
PROPOSING BODY School for children Onlus
OPERATION AREA districts of Khammam and Warangal, Telangana (India)
LOCAL PARTNER Bala Vikasa Social Service Society (An officially registered non-state organization with 25 years experience in the field of sustainable project promotion in the state of Telangana, and with more than 5,000 wells completed under its projects.)
The difficult environmental context (over the last decade drought has increased notably following climatic changes at a global level), the extreme poverty in which the majority of the population in the villages in Telangana live (in particular in the Khammam and Warangal districts) and the great interest of the local community in becoming co-managers of the development project, for the motivation for the School of Children Onlus participation in the building of 250 manual wells in 150 villages in the above mentioned localities.
- women and children spend approximately 3 hours a day travelling many kilometers in order to reach water sources often located in agricultural fields.
- the water found in irrigated fields is often contaminated by pesticides.
- the scarcity or lack of water has notably worsened the already precarious hygienic conditions and contribute to the spreading of contagious diseases.
- to facilitate access to drinking water in rural communities in the districts of Khammam and Warangal (Telangana)
- to improve the hygiene and health conditions of the people in the above-mentioned area.
- to strengthen and empower community relations through the forming of maintenance and functioning committees.
- to promote an awareness campaign on the themes linked to correct water usage.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION OF BENEFICIARIES
The criteria for choosing the families participating in the project are based on the following parameters:
- the willingness to contribute 15% approximately of the project cost.
- the willingness to supply public land for the construction of the wells
- the willingness to organize a committee for the coordination, implementation and monitoring.
UP TO TODAY 167 WELLS HAVE BEEN BUILT
Help us to collect funds to achieve our aim.
Via Cosenz, 35
Tel: +39 02 39325823
SFC SCHOOL FOR CHILDREN
Conto corrente postale 65705584 intestato a:
Sfc School for children